RSS Subscribe

Friday 4 March 2011

Computer Networking, Socket Programming, IPC Interview Questions

Networking, Socket Programming, Inter-Process Communication


  1. User(s) are complaining of delays when using the network. What would you do?
  2. What are some of the problems associated with operating a switched LAN?
  3. Name some of the ways of combining TCP/IP traffic and SNA traffic over the same link.
  4. What sort of cabling is suitable for Fast Ethernet protocols?
  5. What is a Class D IP address?
  6. Why do I sometimes lose a server's address when using more than one server?
  7. What is Firewall?
  8. How do I monitor the activity of sockets?
  9. How would I put my socket in non-blocking mode?
  10. What are RAW sockets?
  11. What is the role of TCP protocol and IP protocol.
  12. What is UDP?
  13. How can I make my server a daemon?
  14. How should I choose a port number for my server?
  15. Layers in TCP/IP
  16. How can I be sure that a UDP message is received?
  17. How to get IP header of a UDP message
  18. Writing UDP/SOCK_DGRAM applications
  19. How many bytes in an IPX network address?
  20. What is the difference between MUTEX and Semaphore?
  21. What is priority inversion?
  22. Different Solutions to dining philosophers problem.
  23. What is a message queue?
  24. Questions on Shared Memory.
  25. What is DHCP?
  26. Working of ping, telnet, gopher.
  27. Can I connect two computers to internet using same line ?

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More